WIN FROM ZERO TO HERO

This site best view with Firefox.


Google

2/24/07

Less AdSense Ads - More Money!

After reading the experiment that having less AdSense ads on your site gets you more money, I decided it to give it a try.

I removed the link units from this blog leaving just the 336×280 ad unit below the post title and within a few days my AdSense earnings almost doubled!

I thought my earnings would return back to the usual earnings the next day but it has continued to increase so far. If this increase in my earnings continues, it could be true that having less AdSense ads on your site gets you more money.

I thought my earnings would return back to the usual earnings the next day but it has continued to increase so far. If this increase in my earnings continues, it could be true that having less AdSense ads on your site gets you more money.

Theory
The theory is that sites bid for their ads to be placed on contextually relevant web sites with the highest bidders getting the best adsense spots (the higher the better). If you only show 4 ads in 1 block, then adsense will place the highest 4 bidding advertisers in those spaces netting you the highest profit. The more ads you show, the more lower-bidding advertisers show up on your page that when those get clicked, your cpc becomes lower than it could be if they weren’t on your page to begin with.

With the removal of the link units, this blog also looks a bit cleaner and I won’t lose much visitors for low cost per click.

Try this experiment yourself for a few days and see if it helps you to increase your AdSense earnings too.

0 Comments: